Thursday, February 7, 2008

He's a nut!

After a spirited discussion of whether it was tv or bath time:

Zach: Well, if I get in the tub, I'm going to whine. You don't want me to whine all night, do you?

Charlie: I think we should all whine all night. As a family.

Later, while Z is splashing happily in the tub...

Charlie: OK, time to get out. You didn't want to take a bath anyway, right?

Zach: Well...I'm still a little dirty.

Betsy: So your plan is to stay in the tub and whine all night, right?

Zach: I want to stay in the tub until I want to get out. Then I want to whine again.

Betsy: Well, you've got discerning judgment. Why shouldn't our 3-year-old decide how the evening unfolds?

Charlie rolls his eyes, and we get in a little side conversation about how I'm always using big words in support of the sponge that's in between Z's ears.

Zach: What sponge?

Charlie: Did you know you have a sponge between your ears?

Zach: What sponge?

Betsy: What's between your ears? Inside your head? Do you remember? Is it your heart?

Zach: I think that between my ears is a nut!

No comments: